- General principles
- We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• Accurate and kept up to date;
• Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise;
• Kept securely and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
- Data collected
- Personal Data: While using our website we might collect personal data relating to you. We only collect personal details such as name, telephone number, and email address when it is offered by a visitor via an email enquiry form or subscription box. The information collected via our forms is submitted directly to our email inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) and is not saved on our website database.
Usage Data: We may also collect data relating to how the website is accessed or used (“Usage Data”). Usage Data may include information about your IP address, which browser you use, when you visited the website, which pages of the website you visited and other diagnostic data. This data is not processed in a personally identifiable form. We use personal data to communications relating to the project, including:
- •Delivering news and events communications
• Sending newsletters
• Potential surverys relating to the project
• Compliance with legal obligations
• Maintaining contact with you.
- We do not process any special categories of personal data. This includes personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or health data.
Tracking and Cookies Data: Cookies are files with small amounts of data that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from the website and stored on your device. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to allow cookies you can find information on how to disable them or delete certain cookies for your browser at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
- How long will we keep your personal data
- We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which your personal data was collected, except when further data retention otherwise complies with relevant legal or operational retention needs.
- Who will we share your personal data with
- Your personal data will be shared only amongst the organizations in the FishEUTrust project. For a full list please visit this page.
- Data security
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees who have a business need-to-know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so
- Automated decision-making
- You will not be subject to any decisions that will have a significant impact on you based on automated decision-making.
- Contact information, data access, correction, deletion, and opt out
- You can contact us any time to:
• Answer any questions about how we are using your personal data;
• Request access to information that we have on you, including to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
• Request to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and/or transmit your personal data to another controller;
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data;
• Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (when we are processing your personal data based on your consent);
• Correct any information that we have about you;
• Delete information that we have about you;
• Complain to your local supervisory authority.
You can contact us at this page.
Issued in August 2022.